There's a whole process behind the modeling of a 3D frame. Here are the essential steps:
1. Order: you make your order on a dedicated platform and send the frames by mail to one of Fittingbox StudioBox. After receiving the physical frames you've sent us, our team checks them carefully and get them ready for shooting.
2. Shooting: Fittingbox’s patented StudioBox shoots the glasses from various angles to catch all the details that make a pair of glasses unique. In doing so, we make sure to have enough material to create a 3D frame that looks as close to reality as possible.
3. 3D modeling: our process covers the renderings of both the frames and lenses. The 3D modeling step is either automatic or requires the intervention of our 3D designers for a premium level of renderings.
4. Quality check: after checking and validating the asset, our team of experts makes the appropriate adjustments.
5. Addition of the 3D frame to Fittingbox’s database and virtual try-on availability: once validated, the 3D Frame is automatically available for Virtual Try-On through Fittingbox Database. We also send our customers all the photos they need to upload onto their website. And, of course, we send the physical frames back as soon as the process has ended.
Each client is informed in real time of their order status on a dedicated platform.